Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My First Real Blog!

First off I must confess I feel a bit hypocritical starting a blog when I, in fact, literally never read blogs. Well, that's not completely true there are two friends whose blogs I read from time to time but that's because I find them a bit mysterious and it is my humble attempt to understand them better. I suppose this blog of mine is my humble attempt to be understood. I have recently re-entered my home land of southern California after living overseas, out of state and just simply out of sight for the past 13 years. It has been a strange re-entering in that I have been welcomed home with open arms but confused faces that seem to be asking "Is this the desi I once new?" The truth is some things never change. I am still a thinker-introvert-evangelist-goofball. I'm sure anyone could think of ways in which we all stay the same. But the truth is God has also done a lot of work with me and I do return home changed from His dealings. To be quite honest it feels a little gross to write about myself. I have never enjoyed the spotlight and quickly divert it when it happens to fall on me. Unfortunately this discomfort with attention has also caused me problems. I have been called mysterious, intimidating and stand offish. I guess this blog is my attempt to grow out of these characteristics, or at least grow through them. This may end up my public journal that only I read, but it is my attempt to mature and hopefully shed some of the intimidating stand offish ways I unintentionally learned along the way. I hope to do this through sharing some thoughts on God and love and life, and not venting my feelings or focusing directly on myself. I think one of the best ways to get to know someone is to understand what really wakes them up from the routine of the day, so that is what I intend to share here on a somewhat regular basis. I would love to discuss these things with those of you who read, so leave comments... the good the bad and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment